At NP Supermarket, we respect the privacy of your Personal Information in our care. Personal Information means information that identifies you as an individual or from which you can be reasonably identified.
NP Group does not sell Personal Information about you.
- The types of Personal Information we collect includes:
- Contact details (e.g. email address, telephone number(s), residential and delivery addresses);
- Information to identify you (e.g. date of birth);
- Household details (e.g. number of people living at a household and their ages);
- Records of your communications and interactions with us; and
- Details/history of purchases, preferences, interests, and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services, and activity with our digital services.
We may not be able to provide our products or services or make offers to you without your Personal Information. For example, we may not be able to provide items ordered online to you if you do not provide your name and date of birth for checking at the store.
We may collect your Personal Information in relation to your interactions and transactions with us and NP Supermarket, which will include when you:
- Make a purchase in-store or place an order online;
- Conduct a transaction including making a non-cash payment, or registering for a service where we collect Personal Information;
- Participate in a promotion, competition, or survey;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our websites or social media pages, or post a rating or review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or apps; or
- Otherwise use our related websites, apps, social media and other digital services.
We may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and operate video and audio surveillance devices on our premises.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties including from:
- Public sources;
- Information service providers (including for data integrity purposes);
- Anyone authorised to act on your behalf.
We handle your Personal Information in connection with providing, administering, improving, and personalising our products and services, and to support our business functions. This can include:
- To manage your requests for products and services, including delivery, processing payments, providing refunds and discounts;
- To register and service your account, including keeping your information up-to-date, and verifying your identity;
- To communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions (including direct marketing);
- To help us improve our products and services, including conducting product and market research;
- To improve our operational processes to enhance your customer experience;
- To respond to your feedback, queries, or concerns;
- Working with our service providers;
- Investigative, fraud, and loss prevention activities;
- Interacting with Regulators and relevant government entities;
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you wish to access or correct any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us as set out below.
When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. Under the Privacy Act and other relevant laws, we are required to provide a written response outlining our reasons if we refuse your request.
Where we decide not to make a requested correction and you disagree, you may ask us to add a note of your requested correction to the information that explains your correction request.
If you have any complaints or concerns about this Policy or our handling of your Personal Information, you can contact us as set out below.
Once a complaint has been lodged, we will let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a full response within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know and we will investigate further and respond to you.
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are set out below.
Queries regarding privacy should be directed to [email protected]
For information about privacy generally, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on the contact details noted above.